colddata is very sensitive to privacy issues. We respect
your right to privacy and feel it is important for you to
know how we handle the information we receive from you via
the Internet. In general, you can visit www.colddata.com without
revealing any personal information about yourself. If you
choose to provide colddata with personal information, it may
be necessary in some cases for us to provide your information
to our contractors or agents in order to respond to your inquiry.
In our operations, we often possess personal information
that identifies individuals and other proprietary information
about our customers' operations. Preservation of, and respect
for, our customers' trust is critical to our continued success.
Therefore, we will always treat such information:
- Confidentially, according to applicable laws
- Appropriately, according to the promises we make to our customers
- Respectfully, according to our common concern for the sensitive nature of such information
Information Security: We maintain appropriate physical,
electronic and administrative security standards and procedures
to safeguard our data and systems. Our employees are educated
on the importance of our privacy and security policies and
must comply with them. Employees are permitted to access and
use only that personal and proprietary information they need
to perform their job duties.
Information Processing: We try to use only the amount
of personal and proprietary information necessary for research,
analytical, or derivative product development purposes that
are consistent with our core business mission to provide high-quality
products and services to our customers; our contractual and
legal obligations to customers, data controllers and individuals
from whom we receive such information and applicable law.
We have procedures to maintain the accuracy of information
while in our care. We do not maintain personal information
longer than necessary.
De-Identified Data: We remove, encode or encrypt individual
identifiers from personal information to the fullest extent
possible consistent with its intended use. In some cases,
we receive personal information from customers and data controllers
for the purpose of de-identifying it on their behalf. We anonymize
such data using statistical techniques to create aggregated
norms or benchmarks, such as hospital performance measures
or prevailing insurance charges in an area.
Clinical Communications: We may partner with customers
such as health plans and health care providers to help them
inform patients about treatment options such as clinical trials.
We also may partner with customers to help them provide information
on health-related products and services of potential interest
to their consumers. We will not use personal information for
such purposes unless:
1. The activity is permitted by law;
2. The activity promotes health and well-being; and
3. Individuals are given the opportunity to "opt-out"
of the program or to "opt-in" to the program where
required by law or by the customer or data controller.
- The activity is permitted by law;
- The activity promotes health and well-being; and
- Individuals are given the opportunity to "opt-out" of the program or to "opt-in" to the program where required by law or by the customer or data controller.
Information Disclosure: We will not disclose personal
or proprietary information, which we obtain in the course
of providing products and services to our customers, to any
third party except: (1) as required by law, or (2) consistent
with applicable law and our obligations to the customer, data
controller and/or individual from whom we received the information,
Personal or proprietary information may be included in assets
transferred as part of a merger or sale of the company's assets.
Web Site Privacy: We do not identify visitors to our
World Wide Web site unless they choose to identify themselves,
such as to obtain information about products or clinical trials.
- Our Web site may deposit a small file called a "cookie" on a visitor's computer hard drive to personalize their experience or track aggregate site visitation statistics. Visitors may choose to use technologies to block such "cookies," but in some cases they may not have access to the full functionality of the Web site.
- We may record a Web site visitor's Internet Protocol (IP) address for security reasons and to evaluate how our Web site is being used. We do not use IP addresses to identify individuals.
Our Web site is not designed to attract children; we do not
collect or maintain information from our Web site from individuals
that we actually know are under the age of 13 years.